12:00 pm till whenever you leave.
A gathering of socially isolated individuals with a strong passion for deep conversations — regarding supernatural worlds, powers, and other related topics — and old fashioned American cook-outs.
Burgers, dogs, chips, beans, pop, water, and cookies will be provided. You’re welcome to bring more if you’d like something else to snack on. If you have dietary issues, let me know and we'll work that out too. Worst-case scenario, there are loads of places to eat within nearly seconds.
Not that I'm ashamed of us, but we'll be hanging out most likely at my place. (You know, because it's more convenient...) If room becomes an issue, we'll move a block away to the local park.
2672 Gunckel Blvd.
Toledo, OH 43606
Directions are below.
11:00 — Arrive and catch up
— Get our grub on
1:30 — Bracket Tournies, Contests, Corn-Hole, Comics, Games, and More
Break to vote on time & location for movie. Standard theaters, IMAX or Drive-In Options available.
5:15 to ?? Continue hanging, go grab more food, order food, or whatever we feel like
Evening — See Pacific Rim
SUBMIT YOUR FLYER CONTEST
I'd love for you to submit your own flyer for The GAGO 2013. Attendees will vote on a winner and they will get their ticket to Pacific Rim paid for in full. The premise is simple: Combine geeks, cook-outs, and something from geekdom in an epic mash-up. Or just draw something really cool, and that will work, too.
If you could please let me know if you'll be attending so I can plan accordingly, I would greatly appreciate it. The sooner the better. If you respond after 7/8/13 I can't garauntee there will be enough food for you. And even if there is, I may just make you sit and watch the rest of us eat it for being so tardy in responding.
If, however, you don't RSVP, you'll still be able to attend. Drop in anytime. Just don't blame me if you realize you just missed the 52nd best day of your life.
Upon arrilve you will be given brackets to fill out. Each bracket will be for a different topic. Throughout the day we will (calmly) argue our way through each bracket to determine the winner to long-standing debates.
• Best Comic-based Movie
• Best Geek-film Director
• Best Video Game Console
• Best Tick Quote
• Best Cartoon (80s & 90s)
• Who Would Win...
• Worst Costume
• Best Comic Penciler Ever
• Coolest Video Game Character
There will be random drawings for posters and other things. Winners will be chosen based on various catagories: Best/most absurd argument given, geekiest-moment, longest distance traveled to get here, etc.
Aside from great conversation, there will be lots of games available.
Risk 2210, King of Tokyo, Dominion, Settlers of Catan, Balderdash, Yamodo!, Zombie Fluxx, Corn-Hole, an XBox 360, cards, and more.
There will be questions tossed out to keep conversations absurd. Some include:
- Who had better one-liners, Jack Burton or Ash?
- Can J.J. Abrams do both Star Trek & Star Wars well?
- Worst Plot Line Ever
- Name that quote
- Star Wars VII - IX, Good or bad?
- Why Justice League will never be a movie
- Expendables 3?
- John Carter, sleeper hit or genuine flop?
- Who has better tech, Star Wars or Star Trek?
- Best Graphic Novel
- Who was the best Star Trek Captain/Series?
- 10 Best comic book writers
- No Cry Babies. Whine about an outcome and prepare to be duct-taped to the nieghbor's dog.
- No sports or politics or other "normal" talk. If you are not speaking about comics, video games, movies, gaming, or some other topic that would typically result in social ostracization, you will be escorted from the premises. Exceptions will be for discussions about our current careers. (Since I do sports graphics, I'd really hate to be kicked out of my own party.)
- No costumes. This is a cookout, not a comic-con. Let’s have some dignity, people.
- We will pray before we eat. It’s my house, and I’m giving thanks to God for what He’s provided in my life. Deal with it.
- No crude or sex-related discussions. Let’s just stick to what keeps us unified; killing, maiming, fighting and super power-related topics.
- No alcohol. I’m not gonna’ be liable for your butt. BYOB and get a PIYF*.
- Sarcasm is expected, tangents are welcome, and obscure references are mandated.
*Punch In Your Face
View Larger Map